102 West Murphy Street
Originally constructed as a residence, Tomas Valadez purchased the building ca. 1937 and opened the Solo Café. The building provided a meeting place for black Alpine residents, through the support of Mr. Valadez, at a time they were widely discriminated against elsewhere. Other names include Thomas Café, and the Cactus Café, which was operated by Anita Losoya and Erlinda Galindo. More recently, Ofelia Valadez operated it as the ValadezBurger Inn and Flavio Ybarro operated Flavio’s Burrito Place. Talgar’s Café stands today in a proud tradition!